- Initial Visit and Site Visit to identify Window Types and Hardware, discuss issues with residents and consider working environment for the safety or residents and engineers.
- Two weeks were selected in October 2016 to carry out the initial works of visiting each property, overhaul each window, ease and adjust and renew gaskets. Follow up work was also carried out where possible up to an agreed budget set by Hanover.
- Mila Maintenance contacted all residents to arrange appointments at their convenience
- Access arranged and works carried out at 39 of 40 properties within 2 week period. Additional works to replace Double Glazed Units, Locking Mechanisms and Hinges created and provided as a programme to Hanover Housing.
- Additional Works carried out in January and February 2017
For over 50 years Hanover Housing Association has been a leading provider of housing for people in later life. When established in 1963 as the first national housing association of housing for older people, their purpose was to create a new type of quality housing that supported an active later life and make sure that this was housing that older people themselves wanted.
Hanover now manage around 19,000 properties across England, operating in over 175 local authority areas and providing support to some 22,000 residents.
Hanover developed its first Extra Care Housing estate over 20 years ago and is one of the largest providers of this type of accommodation, with nearly 2,500 properties.