Mila Window and Door Maintenance was delighted to be a part sponsor of the recent trip by Sheffield Wednesday Academy Under 12s as the first British club to take part in the Sao Vicente Cup in Madeira.
The three day 7-a-side tournament which was shown on Portuguese TV and was held on the island where Christiano Ronaldo was born featured 39 teams including the great names of Benfica, Porto, and Sporting Lisbon.
Mila Window and Door Contracts Manager Dean Bradford who went out to the tournament with the team to watch his son take part comments “It was a great experience for all the boys – to be the first British Club to be invited to take part was a real honour, and the way they acquitted themselves was fantastic”.
“It was a great success in every sense – most of the Sheffield Wednesday lads were actually 11 year olds so most of their competitors were a year older, which at that level makes a real difference. In another year it will be interesting to see how they fare”.
“How did they do? Brilliantly, they narrowly lost to one of the most famous names in the football world – Benfica – in the semi-finals, but then bounced back to win the third/fourth place off and were the highest scorers in the whole tournament was a truly outstanding achievement to cap a wonderful experience for the players and the coaches alike”.
“We very much look forward to being invited back again next year, and thank you to Mila Maintenance for their great support in sponsoring shirts and back-packs for all the lads”
- Lessons still not being learned when it comes to Fire Safety
- Tristan Cooke and Kevin Bowles talk about the importance of Health and Safety when working in high rise
- Tristan Cooke talks about the benefits of Specialist Contractors Vs MSO’s
- Tristan Cooke talks about ‘First Time Fix’
- Tristan Cooke and Kevin Bowles talk about window regeneration as a cost effective alternative to replacement – including Market Hill for Ongo Homes